Thread
Print

About lagginess of sdo/other program.

About lagginess of sdo/other program.

i explained about the use of ram in other thread and i just post here for info...if wanna know more info just ask me...

ram is random access memory where frequent use program will be loaded into memory so that when u wanna access back the program, it directly loads from ur ram and not from ur hdd...when u first access a program such as sdo, it will load a bit data into the ram...once the data is being used frequently such as sdo effect or movement, this thing will be loaded into ram and and it will load directly from ram rather than from hdd...it acts something like a secondary hdd, but once computer is restarted, everything inside ram will be cleared...

why i say add ram does not necessary increase speed is also because of few factor...processor speed...if ur processing speed is slow and ram is fast, useless as times for it to process the data to load into ram is slow...for example i give u pentium 3 1.33ghz and pentium 4 1.86 ghz and a data of 5mb...

let say pentium 3 processes 10mb data for 2 second, made in total of 10 seconds...
let say pentium 4 processes 10mb data for 1 second, made in total of 5 seconds...

from this processing, after it been processes, it will be loaded into memory...from here, pentium 4 already process 50% faster than pentium 3...oh ya, many people tought ram is the speed...ram if 1gb means that it has the space of 1gb not the speed of 1gb...means after 10mb is been processed, it will store into memory and it will take 10mb space out of 1gb...so when the data is frequently used, it will load from ram and not from hdd and process it...its much faster as another factor is hdd have diff kind of speed as well...not only that, ram itself also have diff kind of speed...there are many explanation for this thing wan but i lazy to explain all as it getting more and more complicated...and also forget to say, once the data in ram, it will load faster as ram also helps to process and loads it much faster...its like loading of 50% more faster...

so in ur case, ram of 512 is memang enough...even my laptop just running on 256mb ram does not lag at all and i still can manage to alt tab or what to chat...

if let say u wan the best performace, before play sdo, restart ur pc, and direct sdo, dun on other program...remember, other program will use ram as well...if let say ppl said add ram and add ram, even a 2gb or 10gb ram also will not enough for u to use...computer will nto fully utilized ur ram wan, thats y u can get some lagness as well after a long usage...first play of sdo might lag as it loads the data to ram...then u play 2nd game, believe me, u will smooth...

p/s: hope u understand la...this thing above is based on 100% experimental on devices, hardware, software, performance, and lagginess...

Somtimes Lag is caused by ur internet connection.Or server side problem.

Thread